Sunday 11 September 2016

Water colour Art for children

This week was a full week of teaching art.
On Monday I taught an art class at the mental health center and on Tuesday afternoon it was the home school children's art workshop, I finished the week on Thursday teaching at the rest home.
I really enjoy teaching and thinking of new projects and different techniques for each group.
I research the internet and pinterest for inspiration and ideas, for the children's art workshop this week we painted butterflies with watercolour and used charcoal to draw a night sky.
For inspiration I made a sample and told the children a little story about a colourful butterfly fluttering in a dark night sky looking at the moon. There is always colour and light in our life even when things can look a bit gray and dark.
The children enjoyed the two different mediums to create one artwork.
                    
the sample
                                               






I am part of Sunday Sketches

10 comments:

  1. It is interesting how the kids interpret your sample, I love the thought behind your piece it is inspiring, colour and light amid the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, I forgot my camera the second time I did this workshop and it was amazing to see all the different art made by the children

      Delete
  2. It must be so inspiring to teach art to children and seniors. Great idea for a painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the teaching, sometimes a bit of a challenge to find new ideas especially for the elderly.

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much for sharing the precious paintings of the children. Being a former teacher, they made my day. It is amazing what lovely things they can create...and they do not worry about everything like I do. The butterfly is so pretty, and I like the way you had them use the charcoal. You are so sweet to teach the children. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Genie for your lovely comment, yesterday I had another great art session with the children, we looked at a painting of Matisse 'The fishbowl', I will put some pictures on my blog soon.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful artwork by your students! Kids can be so much fun to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, children always amaze me with their artwork!

      Delete
  5. glad the kids enjoyed the creating :) its a good project and story for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've been busy and all of your students quite enjoyed you teaching. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment