Saturday 27 September 2014

Shabby chic market at Beacon Hill Estate

Today another great Shabby Chic market at Beacon Hill in Richmond.
The forecast was not great, but the weather stayed nice till the end of the day and then the rain clouds came, but enough time to pack up the stall.
The gold coin donations paid at the entrance gate goes to a good course, helping young women in Asia to find new life out of prostitution, often caused by poverty.

A nice collection.
Roger,my friend helped me with setting up the gazebo and the stall.
Roger makes vintage coat racks and he uses old door handles and wardrobe knobs for the racks.
My grapevine wreaths all sold and I could have sold my tea trolley 3 times over and have commissions to paint chairs.
Rogers vintage coat racks with old door knobs
The shabby chic market is very popular and busy and has the same atmosphere as the Brocante markets in France.
Two lovely girls played the violin and the food is also divine.
I had a beautiful beetroot/carrot cake decorated with sugar pansies and great coffee.
Customers around my stall

A beautiful flower display
There is so much to see and buy, but because its very busy, I didn't have enough time to look around,but just enough to buy a little cardigan.

Another lovely stall
The next market will be the end of November and this is a Christmas market, so as soon as I am in our new house and boxes unpacked I better start making Christmas gifts in Shabby chic style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment